- We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures. ~ Thornton Wilder
May your treasures be many, and your heart smitten and wildly grateful!
Thanksgiving blessings to you and yours!
With humble reverence,
- Like having a Council of Wise Women within, these archetypes can serve and support each other with their own unique ‘specialties’ in a woman. By calling them out of shadow we can become healed, whole, and empowered as women. ~ Sheila Foster
Join me at my new loft in Oakland as I resume my sacred Storied Woman of the Earth SoulCollage® Circle!
Immerse yourself in the intuitive, transformative collage process that celebrates the unique soul and beauty of every woman.
Sunday, September 28, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Oakland, California.
All materials provided. No artistic experience required. Register early and save! Location and details will be sent once your registration is complete.
New to SoulCollage®? First-timers come early for the introductory portion, while those already familiar with the process arrive later for card making and card sharing. Refer to my Offerings page for more detailed information.
I hope you will join me if you can. You are always welcome in the circle!
- Nature is always lovely, invincible, glad, whatever is done and suffered by her creatures. All scars she heals, whether in rocks or water or sky or hearts. ~ John Muir
On Saturday, March 22nd, join special guest, Karen Diane Knowles, and I for a deeply restorative afternoon immersed in nature as we walk in silence in the Sunol Regional Wilderness.
I have been a daily walker for twenty five years and know the power and multitude of benefits of a daily walking practice.
I believe that we need to engage with nature regularly in order to connect with our bodies, our inner voice, and with the heart of the Earth.
This will be a small, intimate gathering that will include an Opening and Closing Circle, journal writing, making offerings to the land, listening for wisdom in response to a personal life question, and deep communion with the Sunol wilderness.
The Silent Reverence Walk…the perfect practice to restore balance and overall well-being! Register here for directions and complete details.
We can’t wait to journey with you!
Karen Diane Knowles, M.A. is an instructor, interpreter, animal advocate, and occasional author and editor. Her life’s mission is to inspire compassionate curiosity and respectful regard for our animal kin; to motivate healthful interspecies relations; and, by doing so, to make the world a better place for nonhuman animals, human animals, and the planet we all share. Karen is a sign language interpreter in private practice, and an adjunct professor at JFKU where she teaches about the human-animal relationship, nonhuman consciousness, and interspecies relations.
- That’s what I consider true generosity: You give your all, and yet you always feel as if it costs you nothing. ~ Simone de Beauvoir
Any practice or behavior that honors with purity of intention and genuine love is a practice of reverence.
How can we simply and with joy…honor…others, ourselves, or the Earth?
the practice of no-holds-barred generosity.
It heals. It cares. It makes others feel safe.
True generosity is never obligatory. It is unconditional; it doesn’t care if it is reciprocated, although reciprocity is another practice of reverence which I will talk about in a future post.
Generosity, plain and simple, just…feels…good!
According to Danielle LaPorte, generosity makes you feel “richer, healthier, shinier…vulnerable and mighty…tender and indestructible”.
I don’t know about you, but I want to feel like that every day!
There are so many ways that we can express generosity with joy:
- We can share our unique smile or give a heartfelt compliment.
- We can reach out with our voice, arms, hands, heart.
- We can give of our time and our precious undivided attention.
- We can acknowledge or validate with our words. Everyone needs to be seen, including the Earth!
- We can deeply listen, which is desperately needed, in reality…scarce, and so healing.
- We can share information or knowledge.
- We can offer spaciousness, shelter.
- We can seek to understand, ask questions.
- We can protect, nurture that which we love, including the Earth!
- We can give money when we are able.
- We can offer a home-cooked meal.
- We can wear our best pants, our favorite dress, our party shoes.
- We can give the shirt off our back, or our last chocolate treasure.
- We can say I Love You, Thank-You, I’m Sorry, Please Forgive Me.
- We can give someone a break, turn the cheek, offer mercy.
- We can arrive bearing gifts.
I’m certain there are countless ways to practice generosity on any given day. I know I can always be more generous. How about you? How do you practice generosity? I’d love to hear from you!
In the spirit of generosity, I offer you A Year of Reverence. It’s FREE! You can get the details and sign up here!
With reverence, we can heal the Earth!